Sunday, April 21, 2013

Memories of Grandpa--The Poem

In a follow-up to my previous post "How Great Thou Art," I wanted to publish the poem that I referred to in that blog. In case you were wondering about it, here it is. Try to be kind--remember, I was only 14 when I wrote it. So, without further adieu...

Memories of Grandpa

You can learn so much from a grandpa,
I know I certainly did.
He made sure I knew about life.
It all began when I was a kid.

He didn't just teach me things in books
(I learned those things in school),
but he showed me what friendship was
(and it's better than any jewel).

I remember when he babysat me,
and played calming gospel tunes.
He also taught me nursery rhymes.
I believe Grandpa really hung the moon.

Through trials and victories during disease,
Grandpa and I stuck together.
When I knew I just couldn't go on anymore,
Grandpa became tough as leather.

Grandpa was the father I never knew,
except he was a whole lot better.
The only was for me to tell him
was to write him this heartfelt letter.


I sure am glad I was bored during computer class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love (or like...or general dislike if you must)!